Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Finally upgraded to my own blog

http://biodieselhauling.blogspot.com/

I have known I should do this for years, but I have been too lazy.

My business website's blog server has a ridiculously restrictive 4000 total character limit, which makes it practically useless.

My main content has been MySpace since July of 2006, back before Facebook even existed, when I finally gave into making an account so I could blog, thereby ending my very bad habit of reading and writing and responding to posts on CraigsList Rant 'N Rave section.

I also have content on the blog section of FairCompanies.com (who filmed and host my most well known thing on the internet, the video about living in an RV in order to save both money and natural resources: http://www.faircompanies.com/videos/view/living-small-when-home-is-a-150-square-foot-rv/

And I have been sharing a blog with my friend Beth who now lives in Taiwan, though neither of us has been very active on it.

Having been inspired by a request for a used bike buying guide and having no good place to post it, I have finally started my own blogger account.



After this, I will then be gradually moving all my old content - as a word document, 352 pages worth - to this new, much easier to navigate, more user friendly site.

http://biodieselhauling.blogspot.com/

I have long since come to understand that the reason I have never had any sort of consistent readership is because, much like in real life, I have nothing even remotely resembling a theme.  People subscribed to blogs because they cover a topic they are interested in detail.  My writing spans politics, science, social commentary, religion, bicycles, my own personal life, environmentalism, race, economics... the list goes on.
I am interested in a lot of very different things.
I like to know a little of everything, even if it means being expert in nothing.  I feel you gain a better understanding of the world and life as aa whole when you can see how all the pieces fit together.
This has not been the best financially, as I have gotten bored of nearly every job I've held and quit within a year (I'd had over 30 jobs by the time I started my business at age 27) eliminating any potential for benefits or 401Ks or raises that come only after a probationary period.
And it is no good for building a blog audience either.

But you know what?  That's ok, because I didn't start writing for the fame anyway.  I write to get ideas that are stuck in my head out of there.

But now at least, when someone does happen to be interested in something I've written, it will be easy to find and easy to read, and I will never have to suffer through the embarrassment of sending someone to MySpace again.

No comments:

Post a Comment